Thursday 17 March 2011

Hello again, it’s me Lynn. Chris is just so busy I decided to post about our Forming Metals Workshop and show you some photos (taken by Micke on her phone, thanks Micke!) We had a wonderful time and learnt loads, I confess I had a fantastic time and could have spent the whole day there. It is a great thing to do if you are stressed out (or need to get rid of a bit of aggression). We studied T-folds, Anticlastic/Synclastic Raising, Fold ‘Forming and how to make hollow forms. I went to the open studio session yesterday with some more copper to have a go at a method I hadn’t had time to try in the workshop and found that each of us had had the same idea… everyone was ‘forming’ yesterday, lots of banging with the hammer going on; quite noisy I can tell you! Being at the studio also gave me the opportunity to get further advice from Chris, can’t be bad! The workshop was well worth the time and very low cost, it gets you thinking and extends your knowledge base giving you a much wider spectrum to work with. Our next workshop is Tube setting and collett forming for stones and application of gold foil to silver (Keumboo) Really can’t wait for that one, saw the stones yesterday and they are so very pretty! I should point out that because of Chris being ill the workshop schedule has changed slightly and I am sure the new one will be posted asap. If you are really eager to participate you can always contact Chris who will be happy to help and is always available to advise. The photos will give you an idea of the type of processes we tried. We started with a piece of sheet copper and as you can see did actually manage to form! I ask you to remember that the workshop had lots crammed into it… just to get ideas and the feel of different ways of working with metal so not enough time to produce fabulous pieces… but from what I saw yesterday they are well on their way!


No comments:

Post a Comment