Monday 21 March 2011

Guess who!?

Yes, Lynn here again... Chris is really to busy at the mo so it has been decided that I will post on her behalf for a while, not sure if that makes you lucky or not but you can decide that for yourself! ;).  Anyway I digress.  I have acquired some photos of the last Traditional Jewellery Skills Workshop. I would have posted them sooner but we obviously had to get permission to show them.  The ring was made by my friend Micke who had no previous experience with sheet metals.  Micke started with PMC (as do most people) and I pursuaded her to book the Traditional course at the same time.  Needless to say she loved both!!!







Unfortunately for us Micke took the photos and therefore isn't in any of her so I can't point her out.  I have also met Ian on several workshops (he's really nice to), sadly I have yet to meet any of the others but will say hi to them here!

I did my course a year ago and really enjoyed it.  It was at a time in my life when I needed to do something and I am so glad I found Chris and the others.  You can attend the studios for Studio Days .  The website says on Wednesday afternoons but it is also open on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday mornings these days.  Chris is around for advice (and is very generous with her knowledge) and you get to work with like minded people.  I attend on Wednesday mornings (which sometimes flows into the afternoon if I have something on that I need help with)  I honestly couldn't live without those mornings now... I have made some really great friends and it has become more social than anything (mind you if you do come Wednesday morning you have to accept that one of the girls is terrified and I mean really terrified of spiders so we have to check the place out for her... oh well it passes the time!) 

I have to tell you that there is something exciting coming up... REAL exciting.  Can't tell you this time but do check back....
I am just waiting for permission to tell you! :D (oh I do hate secrets!!!) 
Till next time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment