Tuesday 24 January 2012

Challenge Results!

Well here they are!  I was a little surprised to get some others joining in as I didn't advertise it well did I?  Did have fun doing it, hope the others did to, mind you I did bully them into joining in! ;)  It was sufficient fun to ensure I shall extend the challenge again!

First is a brooch made from reticulated silver and bronze. I believe the reticulation ended in a hole that wasn't wanted and the bronze is from a remnant of Bronze Paste.  It is smashing!

 Second we have a pendant made from Sterling Silver, again reticulation is used. This piece was brought about by reticulating the wrong thickness of silver and odds bit left when cutting to size.

 This pendant is made from left over snake chain, Sterling Silver and Brass... really unusual and a great use of those little bits of chain!

 Here a pendant is made from 'offcuts' of Sterling silver, Matt and Reticulated.  The tube and gems used are new but still a good use of 'scrap'

This ring is made from some scrap copper from smelting quartz and bits cut from a copper leaf  that was made for another ring.  The cabochon is ready for setting


  Magnificent effort all!
Thank you for taking me up on my challenge ... I hope you enjoyed it and will join in the next one!

If this inspired you to 'have a go' it will have been worth it.  With the prices of metal these days we need to think about utilising what we have and making a piece of wearable jewellery from those pesky pieces is a good way to keep your costs down!  If you do decide to have a go please send me the photos I would love to see them... this time maybe we can see the before photos to?   

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this challenge - it only took 20 mins and because I was only working with scrap it took any pressure off mucking it up! Great to be able to make something so quickly too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's amazing what can be done with bits you think are heading for the scrap pot.

    ReplyDelete